I wanted to start 2012 by introducing everyone to my favorite annual project...journaling gratitude. For my journaling, I purchase "The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude" by Sarah Ban Breathnach...I highly suggest it at least for your first year's attempt, as it helps keep you focused and on track. You can purchase your very own shiny new copy on Amazon today!
How this works...every evening you take a few quiet moments before bed to reflect and write down 5 things you are grateful for on that day. Some days are much harder than others and it forces you to look for little blessings you may normally overlook. It is truly a life-changing experience!
Here are some examples of my 2011 thankful moments...
*Fresh flowers to brighten our home
*Starbucks Iced Chai Lattes
*Working heat on a record cold night
*Sweet moments of cuddle time with Addison
*Having a full fridge and stocked cabinets
*Mark's loving support and hard work for our family
*Catching up on DVR shows
*The honor of becoming a Godmother (I got to write this twice this year! I love my Goddaughters Ella and Scarlett!)
So, as you can see from my examples, you can write anything down! It is for YOU. No judgements...just being aware of blessings.
Anyone going to take the challenge and do this with me in 2012?
2 comments:
I remember you mentioning this and think I'd like to try it. How much is the little book?
Amazon has it for $5.18! You should so do it...you would love it! Plus, it is fun to review later on and see what happened thru the year...and our kids can have them one day!
Post a Comment